This is the construction of the Perry & Jones Meat Market on Oak Street, at the present location of the Paris Fair building.  It looks like everyone has just picked up a tool to look busy for the camera.  The guy up top is painting while they haven’t even installed the windows and doors below.  The foundation looks like a stack of river rock.

It’s a good thing they didn’t spend much time with this building, as it didn’t need to last very long.  Records show it operated as the Perry & Jones Meat Market as early as 1890. They sold the business to O.B. Hartley in 1892 (though it appears they still owned the building).  It appears in the 1893 and 1902 Sanborn maps, but was replaced by the first stage of the Paris Fair Building by 1904- 1905.

The post Construction Site appeared first on The History Museum of Hood River County.